- In late February, my motion to join the group of municipalities asking the TVDSB to install automated external defibrillators (AEDs) in all schools across the board was passed.
- The TVDSB just included the funds to make this happen in their 2018 budget.
- After careful deliberation and consideration of the consequences of the maintaining the status quo or a change, Council voted to continue to allow municipal staff to serve as volunteer firefighters, as long as their supervisor determines it won’t interfere with their normal responsibilities.
- We often get a big response on calls, so I’m confident this won’t impact services or the number of firefighters that respond.
- We had successful grant applications come back from the federal government to help Middlesex Centre improve the Ilderton Rail Trail, and the Ilderton Skate Park.
- The design for the new Ilderton Wastewater Treatment Facility began.
- Middlesex Centre approved the initial steps of turning the old senior citizens’ home at Gideon Dr and Brigham Rd into a self-storage facility. The drawings looked pretty nice, and the owner of the property seemed eager to work with people that live nearby to minimize disruption of any kind.
I will return tomorrow with updates for May and June 2017.